For Pizza Crust:
Use Caitie’s Chez Panisse Inspired Pizza Dough
For the toppings:
- 4 leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- Clean the leeks by slicing them lengthwise and running them under water until all the layers are clean. Roughly chop into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the leeks, and cook over medium heat until they start to soften.
- Add the wine, and cook until absorbed. Add the cream, and cook until absorbed. Salt to taste and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and fry until cooked but not too crisp (it cooks further in the oven).
- Brush each pizza crust with olive oil. Arrange the leeks, the cooked bacon, and crumbled goat cheese over the top of each pizza.
- Bake at 500 degrees 15 minutes.